Oct 28, 2007

Helping Others

I have decided to start donating items to both the Crisis Shelter (Women and Children's Shelter) and the Teen Home (pregnant teens and teen mothers who are homeless) in Salt Lake. I am going to spend the next couple of months gathering items and money to donate. They are in need of so many things, and I want to help out. I am so excited to do this!! And I am officially extending an invitation to anyone who would like to help out. Just let me know!
I will be gathering things together, and then doing one big donation sometime in July of next year. If it all goes well, I think I might start doing it every year.

Anyways, here are the things they stated on their website that they really need:

Diapers (all sizes)
Baby wipes
Formula and Baby Food
NEW Bath Towels and wash cloths
NEW Glass and plastic drinking glasses
NEW underwear for women and children (all sizes)

Here's some things that I thought would also be good to donate:

Old Magazines (something to read!)
Maybe some books
NEW clothing
NEW toys
NEW bottles
NEW Pacifiers
Breast Pads
Pads/Tampons

Thay said that due to health and safety concerns, they are only able to accept NEW items such as clothing and toys, etc...

Anyone is welcome to donate any items they want to.

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Claytie and Suzie said...

Wow Pene, this sounds like such a great idea. You are such a sweet, caring person, you know that? Hey, wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog so check it out for the details, k?!