Jan 20, 2008

Tristan and Iseult

My Lords, if you would hear a high tale of love and of death; Here is that of Tristan and Queen Iseult. How to their full joy, but to their sorrow also, they loved eachother. And how at last, they died of that love together upon one day; she by him and he by her.....

.....The good singers of old time, Berul and Thomas of Gilt, Gilbert and Gofret, told this tale for lovers and none other. And, by my pen, they beg you for your prayers. They greet those who are cast down and those in heart. Those troubled and those filled with desire. May all hear and find strength against inconstancy and despite and loss and pain. And all the bitterness of loving.

End of the death of Tristan.

End of Part the third.

End of the romance of Tristan and Iseult.



I love this book! It is such a great tale! I downloaded this audiobook from the internet, and am completely taken away by it!

1 comments:

pamelasue said...

Have you seen the movie??? It is one of my all time favorites. I own it because I love it so much and I watch it quite often. Only the movie title spells her name, Isold. Anyway, it's a good one. It has only been out a little over a year.