Feb 3, 2008

"The G Files"

I have always wanted to record my family's lives. I have thought numerous times about what amazing stories we all (especially my dad) have and how they need to be recorded somewhere. So when Chris posted some links to Genealogy classes on his website, I started looking through some of them. I really got interested, too! I also started getting this feeling that I should start researching my dad's side of the family and see what I can find there.

I have absolutely no idea where to even start with this, though...do they have records of births, marriages and other life events in Tonga? Who do I talk to? So in reading through some of the beginning classes, I learned that the best way to start a family pedigree chart is to begin by documenting your own life and working your way up from there. This allows me to accomplish both tasks! So I will be investing in a recording device of some sort in the near future and recording our life stories. I will also be collecting any and all information I can to pass on to future generations.

I will start here and eventually make it into my dad's family tree. Hopefuly by then i'll have more experience and know what i'm looking for.

So, this is my beginning. I am starting my own family's "G Files."

1 comments:

Penelope Lolohea said...

Just a question for anyone who reads this:
Do you think a voice recorder that records onto tapes woud be a better choice, or do you think a digital recorder like one that records onto an ipod would be better?