I decided I had better start blogging, to offset the comments about me not having a blog. So....Merry Christmas, everyone. I have a blog.
I guess I'll start by bragging a little bit. My lil' monkey has 7 teeth! I can't believe it. They all popped out in a month. They came so fast, that I didn't even know how many he had until he bit me with his new shiny set. I had thought he had only 3 teeth before that happened... :) ...what a little rascal.
As of yesterday, monkey is also walking. (He walks so well, too!) He just started taking steps off and on out of the blue. He has known how to walk for a while, but plain refused to do so. So now he walks when he wants praise, and crawls when he wants to go fast...what a quick learner.
As for me, there are a couple of things that have happened. I am still working at the hospital...a job that I utterly despise, yet am grateful for. I hope to move to a new position when my 6 months is up at the end of October; we'll see how that goes.
Well, there's just no getting past this next bit of news, so I'll just say it: I have dropped out of school (don't go crazy, i'll explain why). I have done so for three reasons:
- I seriously needed a break. Bad excuse, I know. But it just so happens that it works perfectly with my next two reasons.
- I have decided to change professions. Well, it isn't really changing professions, it's just that I skipped one step and went to the other. I had originally planned to become an RN, and then go on to Med. School. But I decided to bypass the nursing -- since my current job has given me a bad distaste for nurses -- and go straight into becoming an OB/GYN. I plan to start a pre-med program at the U of U next fall. Sounds crazy, I know...but I have faith that it will work out.
- My last reason is that I needed to pay all my bills and save money before I even think of attempting the long and expensive road to becoming a doctor. Which brings me to my next bit of news:
I have started selling The Pampered Chef products! I am pretty excited, and a little scared at the same time. I needed extra money, and decided to give it a try. I'm giving it two months, and if I don't like it after that, then i'll stop. So....if anyone would like to host a show and recieve tons (really, it is tons) of free products, give me a call! Or if you just want to order something, that's perfect, too! I have the fall 2007 catalogs on hand if you want to see what's available.
The last bit if new in my new beginnings post is that I have been called to be the Visiting Teaching Coordinator in my ward! I'm pretty intimidated by the calling because I don't know half of the women in our ward, but I know it will work out.
Well, that's about it for now. I had more to write, but I forgot the rest as I was typing.
See ya!



4 comments:
Good to see you joined the blogging train, Pen!
Thanks for the update Pene! I'm proud of you for making all those tough decisions and changes! I'm sure hasn't been easy. Keep fighting girl and the right thing will come about. Lov ya! P.S. love your blog :)
Great to have you on board! Loved the blog and I sure wish you well in your schooling. That is a lofty goal but I am certain that you can do it! You go girl.
Love you blog!! You are amazing! Good luck with all these life changing decisions! You will be great I know it:)
Post a Comment