We just got back from the Emergency Room about and hour ago. About 15 minutes after I posted the last post, Monkey swallowed half of a pill he found on the ground! I had no idea what type of pill it was, and no idea if he had even swallowed any of it (I pulled half a pill out of his mouth, but couldn't find the other half). So I called Poison Controll (1.800.222.1222 - for those of you who would like to know) and was told to go to the E.R..
We went to the E.R., and they took his vitals and waited. 45 minutes and many pill bottle inspections later, it was determined (or rather, hoped) that the pill had been Tylenol. The doctor sent us home and told us to come back in three hours. He said they had to wait for four hours before any signs of the pill would probably be found in his blood.
When we went back to the hospital, we were put in Triage #3, and had Monkey's blood drawn for a Tylenol level test. I was so angry when the nurse went to draw his blood. She scraped around inside his arm with the needle after she missed the vein, and probably punctured it, instead of pulling out and trying on the other arm like I know she was trained to do. But that's a whole other story...
After an hour or so wait, we were finaly told that the test had gone well, and that Monkey was okay. What a relief! So now we are home, and all is well. Monkey is sleeping and I don't need to worry anymore...and I can always watch re-runs of Heroes another day... ;)
We went to the E.R., and they took his vitals and waited. 45 minutes and many pill bottle inspections later, it was determined (or rather, hoped) that the pill had been Tylenol. The doctor sent us home and told us to come back in three hours. He said they had to wait for four hours before any signs of the pill would probably be found in his blood.
When we went back to the hospital, we were put in Triage #3, and had Monkey's blood drawn for a Tylenol level test. I was so angry when the nurse went to draw his blood. She scraped around inside his arm with the needle after she missed the vein, and probably punctured it, instead of pulling out and trying on the other arm like I know she was trained to do. But that's a whole other story...
After an hour or so wait, we were finaly told that the test had gone well, and that Monkey was okay. What a relief! So now we are home, and all is well. Monkey is sleeping and I don't need to worry anymore...and I can always watch re-runs of Heroes another day... ;)




2 comments:
I'm glad your little monkey is ok :)
Way to be quick on your feet...poison control right to the ER...smart mama right there:)
Post a Comment