Manic Mommies
I just found this awesome podcast called Manic Mommies. It is so fun, and they have great tips, guests, and topics. It is geared towards working mothers, but 90% of what they talk about applies to stay at home mothers too! I love their podcast! It totally applies to me....I am such a manic mommy sometimes....
If anyone has an iPod or iTunes, check them out! Or you can head over to http://www.manicmommies.com/ and see what they're all about there, too.
Stories
My first story actually happened a couple weeks ago. Monkey and I were sleeping one morning, when my dad brought us donuts from the gas station for breakfast (you know, the really good chocolate covered ones?...great breakfast...). I was still kind of sleepy, so I just set them on the pillow next to me and fell back asleep. I woke up to the feeling of something dropping on my arm. When I looked around, all I saw was Monkey and brown everywhere. At first I thought it was blood, but then I thought: "Hello!!! DONUTS!" I jumped up to grab the donuts before he could get to them, but I was too late. Monkey was the early bird, and had crumpled half of one of the donuts all over himself and the bed. It was so cute, the way he smiled at me with chocolate all over his mouth; he was so happy! I decided to put him in the high chair and let him feed himself since he was already messy. Then I went to clean up the mess in the bedroom. Picture below:
So, in order to convince myself that I can still be spontaneous even with a baby tethered to my hip, I cut my bangs. And when I say cut, I mean that I took a dull (wasn't even thinking) pair of scizzors that I found in the back of the cupboard in the bathroom, and butchered them myself. Mind you, this was like two weeks ago. Had I waited until the next day, I could have gone to someone who knows what they're doing, and they probably would have looked alot better. But oh well, that's what I get for being spontaneously stupid. :)
Okay, so my last story actually happened while I was typing this blog...I decided to add it in really quick. I was typing away, and letting my Monkey crawl around on the floor. I don't have gates, so I put chairs, bins, and whatever else I can find to block the way into anything dangerous. Well, I noticed that he was being very quiet -- a big sign of trouble -- so I turned around and found him on top of his high chair, that was on a chair that I had placed to block him from going into the Kitchen. Not only that, but with a little grunt, he was in the process of cimbing onto the back of the chair!!!! I didn't even know he could get his legs that high! Anyways, i'm so glad I caught him just in time...and don't worry, I have situated the laptop so that I can see him at all times while I finish this part of my post. He is such a determined kid!
Halloween
Well, with Halloween just around the corner, I have decided that Monkey and I are going to dress up as pirates. And, yes. I am dressing up with my son. Yes. I know it's tacky. And, no. I don't care. I'm pretty excited, though, because I haven't dressed up since I was 12. You know, mom's official "last year of trick-or-treating for you" age. Anyways, I won't be doing any trick or treating but i'll be carrying Monkey around. I figured I'd dress up for the fun of it.
I have bought material from the dollar fabric tables at Walmart -- Way to go me! Cheap costume! -- I was so happy that I found exactly what I wanted in there! When I get around to actually sewing the things, i'll post some pictures...Monkey's costume will be so cute!
Here's some cool Halloween tips that I found:
- When your pumpkin starts to look a little shriveled place the ENTIRE pumpkin into a sink or bucket of warm water. After an hour or so it will expand back and look fresh!
- Sprinkle Cinnamon and nutmeg all over the inside of your pumpkin. When the candle is lit it will smell like pumpkin pie.
- For popcorn balls without hard kernels, place a cooling Rack over your popcorn bowl. Turn upside-down and shake; the unpopped kernels drop out.
- In stead of cutting a pumpkin open from the top, cut it open from the bottom. This way, the top still looks perfect, and you won't burn your fingers when you try to light the candle!
Pictures
This first one is from August 6th. It was at the midnight release party that we went to for Eclipse. They are the winners of the look-a-like contest. From left to right: Me, Jasper, Alice. Aren't they cute?!
I was playing with my camera one night as we were driving to Talia's house, and I got some cool looking pictures. Just thought i'd share them!
And finally: My alien sighting pics! "I saw a two bright lights in the sky..." Hehehe



1 comments:
Cute post. Cuter pictures!! I love the missionary band! That is way cool!
Post a Comment