Jun 28, 2008

One for the Environment



I present: our new homemade, hand-powered washer!
(Design found in the church manual: Basic Self-reliance)

M. had so much fun with this, and loved helping out in the washing. Darl was also interested and took a turn washing some of his clothes. It was pretty fun!

For those of you who don't know, I am green. Well, actually partially green...I refuse to give up certain luxuries. But in an effort to waste less energy, become more self-reliant, and add to my emergency tools, I decided to make this. Of course, I won't be doing all my laundry this way, but I figure I can do a little each week.



On a completely different note: Latu, M. and I went up to Malad yesterday to spend the day. I forget how much I love that town. It was so fun to go and spend a worry-free day there. M. loved being able to play in a yard where he could run more than ten feet and not have to turn around and come back. He made friends with the neighbors, and got to do whatever he wanted. Dinner was lovely (thanks, Jason!) and it was great to sit aroung the table with so many family members. We went up to the ranch later on and it was beautiful! The fruits in grandma's grove are just starting to grow, and the completed fence looks amazing!

I'm glad I could spend some time with my grandpa. I can't wait to go back next week, and be able to stay a little longer.

0 comments: