
The Final Empire (Mistborn trilogy, book 1)
by Brandon Sanderson
For a thousand years, the Lord Ruler has reigned over the Final Empire. The Skaa, or the commoners are forced to work for the noblemen of this world. Ash falls from the sky by day and by night, the mists roll in and cover the land. Trees are brown and the sky is musky/gray.
"The main magic system is Allomancy, where different metals are consumed by the magic-user to produce specific effects." - (Sandstorm reviews)
The book is very well thought out. The magic system is completely original and the plot is interesting. There is a bit of a mystery about the magic system also, as you come to find out through reading.
The two main characters are like-able, but I do wish the other characters (especially Marsh) were a little more in-depth. There is a bit of a love story, but it's not very appealing. The rest of the book makes up for it, though.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It has been a while since I have read a book that is so completely different from most books; this is one of those!
-Brandon Sanderson graduated with a Master's in Creative Writing from BYU. He now lives in Provo, UT.



1 comments:
I will have to add it to my list of books to read. Thanks.
Post a Comment